- Apart from founding Ella Cheong & Alan Chiu, Solicitors & Notaries (formerly known as Ella Cheong Law Office), Ella Cheong also founded Ella Cheong (Hong Kong & Beijing) and additionally, at the invitation of the Singapore government, the Singapore firm of Ella Cheong LLC and a supporting office of Ella Cheong IP Services Sdn Bhd in Malaysia. She regularly gives talks on all aspects of IP. She has also authored many articles on IP issues.
Ella was inducted into the Global Hall of Fame (IAM) in 2018. The latest edition of World Trademark Review 2019 identified her as an IP Legend and a luminaire. She is featured annually in numerous IP publications, such as IP Luminaries, Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who of Professionals, Who’s Who – including International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers, Trademark Lawyers, Patent Lawyers & Business Lawyers, Asia Law & Practice as a leading professional and practitioner, The Best of the Best (listed as one of the world’s top 20 trademark law practitioners), Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Global Law Experts.
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Admitted as Solicitor, Hong Kong
- Admitted as Solicitor, England & Wales
- Admitted as Solicitor, Australia
- Notary Public, Singapore & Hong Kong
- Commissioner for Oaths, Singapore
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- ASEAN Intellectual Property Association (AIPA)
- Association of Singapore Patent Agent (ASPA)